Current Graduate Students
Requirements for the Modern Languages Master of Arts
The courses and requirements for each program can be found:
In addition to the course requirements specific to each area of emphasis, students must maintain at least a B average in their course work or be subjected to probation and/or expulsion from the program.
Beginning French, German and Spanish graduate students are required to meet standards of oral proficiency in their language. The description of the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) may be helpful.
Additional Links for Currently Enrolled Students:
- The University of Mississippi Graduate School Current Student webpage.
- Recently admitted graduate students may find useful information here: www.olemiss.edu/gradschool/admitted_now_what.html.
- The University of Mississippi offers an alternate route to teacher certification for secondary schools. For more information, please go to the Teach Mississippi Institute on campus.
- Please visit the Mississippi Foreign Language Association, for links to professional associations in languages represented in Mississippi.
- The Mississippi Foreign Languages Association website features information on the MFLA and its annual conference.
- The Modern Language Association (www.mla.org) is a national organization for all modern languages and has a great deal of information on its website. Recently the MLA published a report on the status of languages in the U.S. It stresses the importance of language learning and reacts to recent cutbacks in language programs.